Tell Me About The Plastic Jacuzzi Base
Manufactured here in the UK and made from 100% recycled plastic, our eco-friendly bases are designed with an interlocking slot and peg system that makes laying the foundation for your Jacuzzi incredibly easy. Whilst being easy to lay and eco-friendly our bases are incredibly strong and when we had the base tested by Lloyds British it could withstand up to 420 tonnes per square metre.
Will Your Base Work Under My Jacuzzi?
Yes, our base works with all models and makes of Hot Tubs, Jacuzzi's and Spas. This particular product is perfect for the Jacuzzi® J series J- 495. We do have a huge range of other bases available, to see rest of the Jacuzzi® Bases click on the link. We pride ourselves on the versatility of our fantastic foundation and are delighted you are considering our product.
How Do I Install Your Base?
Our bases are super easy to use and this a quick guide on how we recommend to lay the foundations;
1. Identify your Jacuzzi Base area and remove the existing turf to depth of 70mm so the base is flush with the existing turf or ground surrounding when the installation is complete.
2. Lay a sheet of membrane in the excavated area and secure using membrane u-pins. The membrane allows water to flow away but stops weeds and unwanted plants growing through the base.
3. Lay a bedding layer approximately 30mm deep using 5-20mm diameter angular gravel or crushed aggregate and compact well to ensure the layer is solid and level.
4. Starting in one corner, lay your Jacuzzi Base panels onto your newly created flat surface. Lay and click the panels together as you move away from the corner until you have filled the full area.
5. Once laid, fill the entire base with a suitable angular gravel or pea shingle to create a solid surface to lay your Jacuzzi. 8kgs of gravel are required to fill each panel.
For further information and assistance in installing your Hot Tub Base please read our full Install Guide.
To see examples of how our past customers have used our recycled plastic base under their Jacuzzi, read all of our Jacuzzi Base Blogs.